Friday 20 May 2011

Five Books in Six Months


This is going to look like I'm showing off, but I'm not really. I'm just delighted to report the fact that in the past six months I've had no less than five books published; and if it's permissible to count the two ebooks (The Phantom Festival and Scamps of Disorder) that also appeared in that timespan, then my total is 7 books in 6 months (but ebooks don't actually count)...

This is a photo of the five books in question. They are the ones standing with their front covers facing forward (much as I'd like to take the credit, I'm not responsible for Italo Calvino's Numbers in the Dark, John Sladek's Complete Roderick, Jack Vance's Alastor or Stanislaw Lem's Cyberiad)...

From left to right my five books are: (a) Mister Gum, an obscene satirical novel, 2nd edition, (b) Worming the Harpy, definitive version, (c) The Brothel Creeper, hardback (there's a paperback version available), (d) Link Arms With Toads! and (e) The Coandă Effect. Next month (or the month after) may see the publication of yet another book, Sangria in the Sangraal.

And later in the year it's possible that I might have two more books out: Tallest Stories and The Impossible Inferno. If this does indeed happen, 2011 will be my most successful writing year ever!

OK, I admit it -- I'm showing off!


1 comment: